To apply to Pinecrest’s kindergarten class, parents/guardians must do the following:
- Attend an open house or tour the school and meet with the Admissions Associate
- Submit an online application and fee
- Ask their child’s current preschool teacher or director to complete a recommendation form
- Submit any relevant outside testing (if applicable)
- Bring their child for a visit
Parents/guardians will receive notification via email from the admissions team indicating the school's admission decision. Acceptance emails will include the link to the online registration contract, which must be accompanied by a non-refundable, non-transferable registration fee.
To secure the child's place in the class, Pinecrest School will need to receive the online registration contract and fee, the first tuition installment and (if applicable) the one-time new family enrollment fee within one month from the date on the acceptance email. The first tuition installment and the one-time new family enrollment fee should be paid by check (payable to Pinecrest School).
Kindergarten admission decisions are based on:
- prospective student visit and/or informal assessment
- recommendation form
- demonstrated talent, interest, and experience in activities that enhance the class and school community
- Kindergarten-readiness skills, behavioral maturity, and motivation
- interest of the family in participating in the school community
- parent/guardian meeting(s) and interactions